Landscape Architect – Designer – Landscape Sales – Experienced
Lee Highway Nursery is a locally family owned Garden Center, Nursery and Landscape Business located in Warrenton Virginia with a satellite office in Madison, Virginia. We serve clients from Gainesville to Charlottesville with exceptional service and quality landscape installations and maintenance services.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented landscape designer and/ or landscape architect with proven design-build sales experience! Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience working in residential and/or commercial landscape design, including hardscaping projects such as patios, walkways, driveways and retaining walls. Candidates must also have excellent sales abilities and customer service skills, with a proven sales record.
Some of the primary responsibilities include:
Designing, selling and overseeing all types of landscaping jobs, including landscape construction projects, such as landscape planting installation and hardscaping including, patios, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, screened porches, etc. Meeting prospective clients at their homes to discuss landscaping plans and verbally sharing initial concepts during the walk through. Formulating a design for the client based on the initial meeting, which may include a detailed landscape drawing. Developing and presenting proposals. Meeting clients at the nursery to show them plants that are outlined in the design and showing them different options based on their feedback. Coordinating with other team members and suppliers to determine project details and scope. Project managing the installation process.
Following up with customers during the planning process, installation process and after the job is complete to ensure complete satisfaction.
Maintaining a sales pipeline of potential clients and following up via phone call, email or in person visits.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent knowledge of Virginia regional plants and gardening, including local and native plant options
- 2+ years of proven design/ sales experience
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, respectful, can-do attitude
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual with extreme attention to detail
- Knowledge of plants and gardening, including local and native plant options
- A good driving record and the ability to use their own vehicle for transportation to job sites
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to stand or be physically active for hours at a time
- Ability to lift and move plants and heavy bagged products
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Preferably a degree in landscape design, landscape architecture, horticulture or a related field is highly desirable
- Experience with computer-based design (CAD) systems is a plus
- Ability to work some weekends as necessary throughout season.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Experienced Hardscape & Landscape Foreman
Lee Highway Nursery is an EOE Landscaping/Nursery business
located in Madison & Warrenton VA.
We are looking for experienced landscape foremen that have a positive attitude along with great leadership skills and an eye for detail. Our crew leaders & members are responsible for completing jobs on time and to our high quality standards. At this time we are only looking for experienced individuals with a strong back ground in planting installation, equipment operation, crew management and some hardscape installation.
Candidates for this job must be familiar in all phases of landscape construction including: planting, grading, paver patio, walkway, retaining wall installations, bob-cat and small equipment operation. Our crew leaders are responsible for all phases of the job start to finish. Attention to detail and great customer service skills are a must.
-Crew leaders with experience in grading, planting and sod installation go to the top of the list minimum of 1 year experience for this position.
This is a full time year round positions with competitive pay and benefits. We offer paid holidays, vacation time and a benefits package. Please only respond if you meet or exceed the following criteria and are able to send a resume. If no resume then please send work history to be considered.
– Valid V.A. drivers license with a clean record.
– Minimum of 1 year Landscape/ hardscape installation experience.
– Ability to work Monday thru Friday 8-10 hours per day.
– Can drive a truck and trailer. (Also able to back up trailer)
– Have extensive experience with Bobcat/ skid steer, Trenchers, Mini-ex , Tampers, Etc.
– Ability to read blue prints. (not a must but helpful)
– Have plant material id and installation knowledge. (not a must but very helpful)
– Ability to obtain and maintain a Virginia Certified Pesticide applicators license within 60 days of employment.
– Able to lead a team of others and take responsibility for the job they do.
– Enjoy working outside in various weather conditions.
– Take pride in the work you complete.
– Looking to join a growing company that your skills can be put to the test and rewarded!
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape/ Hardscape: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time